Frequently Asked Questions for Talent
You can sign up to be a Talent as long as you fulfill the following:
1. You are above 16 years old.
2. You are based in Singapore. (For signing up as individual.)
3. Your company is a Singapore - Registered Business. (For signing up as company.)
It is free to open a store on ZomWork. A service fee of 13.4% is deducted from each completed order amount. The online payment & escrow service fee is included in this service fee, herein there is no additional fee on it.
1. You can sign up as a Talent simply by going to www.zomwork.com, click on ‘Become a Talent’ followed by ‘Sign Up’. Enter your email and select if you are an individual or company in order to create your desired account.
2. Start editing your account/store profile and select your categories, up to 8, from your dashboard under ‘Settings”.
3. As a Talent, you’ll need to verify your identity and set up payment information in your account. This is necessary in order to receive payment as a Talent for any work you’ve completed, and we highly recommend completing all sign up steps upon registration.
ZomWork is committed to building a safe and secure environment for people to do business. It is crucial that Talents are using their real identities in a business transaction. Identity authentication must be completed before your store profile can be live on ZomWork for clients to view.
As a Talent, you can simply:
1. Browse through jobs available on Zomwork.com and bid on those that you or your company would be interested in by submitting relevant projects or proposals to the Clients. Clients will be able to shortlist your offer and chat with you via our instant messaging feature to negotiate or confirm any work.
2. Create your personalised store page on Zomwork.com by uploading latest projects and information of work done to allow potential Clients to view your portfolio, chat and hire you directly, also with our instant messaging feature.
You should select the Categories that are the most relevant and current of your skills being offered, and/or skills that you specialise in. You may select from 0 to 8 Categories in total, and they do not have to belong to the same family of Categories
You can only bid for Jobs which match your selected Categories.
For example: If a talent posts a Quality Assurance job request, you will only be allowed to bid for that request if you have selected Quality Assurance (located within the IT & Programming family) as 1 of your 8 Categories.
You can change your Categories anytime through Settings.
Categories are tied to your portfolio and affect what Jobs you can bid for. If you change any or all of your Categories, the following may happen:
1. You can only bid for Jobs for which you have specified as 1 of your (up to 8) Categories. However, ongoing Jobs that have already started will not be affected.
2. Published portfolios may revert back into an unpublished Draft, if all their Categories no longer match up with your new selection. Portfolios with multiple Categories that has at least 1 matching your current selection will remain published, but might no longer contain that Category.
Identity authentication will be verified within 1 working day.
There is no practical limit to the number of portfolios you can store.
The display window is optimised for 3:2 aspect ratio. In addition, images must be less than 1MB in size.
Anything that credits the project to your name, such as an invoice, is accepted.
Payment will be made when your client has authenticated the release request. For talents based in Singapore, you should receive your payment within 7 working days in your registered bank account. For talents based in China, it takes at least 14 working days for the payment to reach your Payoneer account.
You can change the details of your profile anytime through Settings.
You can change your name anytime, which can take up to 1 working day for approval. However, we recommend you choose carefully and stick to one name, because as with any business, it takes time to build up a trusted brand name.
You can change your login email through Settings.
You can change your login password through Settings.
Either you or your Client can start to draft the contract. The contract will remain in a draft form until it is accepted by the receiving party.
The contract will remain in a editable draft form until it is accepted by the receiving party. Thereafter it cannot be changed.
While the contract is still being edited, you can download the contract as a Quotaton using the "Download Printable PDF" button in the Contract tab of your Workspace. Once the contract has been accepted by both parties, you can download the contract as a Confirmed Order using the "Download Printable PDF" button in the Contract tab of your Workspace.
You can find all the jobs that you have bid for in Bids.
You can find all direct hire offers in Offers Received.
A workspace contains the instant messages, attachments, contract and invoices sent between you and your Client. Do note that each project has its own dedicated workspace.
While signed in as a Talent, simply click on the "Request a Quote" button at the top bar, fill in the relevant request details, and then Post the request.